Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-09-30 Origin: Site
What is BLDC Motor?
Which is Brushless DC Motor. The birth of brushless direct current motor (Brushless Direct Current Motor, BLDCM) overcomes the congenital defects of brushed direct current motor and replaces mechanical commutator with electronic commutator. It also has the advantages of simple structure, no reversing spark, reliable operation and easy maintenance. The essence of a brushless DC motor is a DC power input, a three-phase AC permanent magnet synchronous motor that uses an electronic inverter to convert DC to AC, and has rotor position feedback.
Brushless Direct Current (BLDC) motors are widely used in the fields of automobiles, home appliances, industrial automation, aerospace and medical equipment, and will continue to gradually replace brushed motors. Due to the use of electronic commutation, the BLDC motor has a longer life and less operating noise. In addition, with the further improvement of soft magnetic material technology and the continuous decline of prices, BLDC motors will use more high-performance neodymium iron boron rare earth materials to make permanent magnet rotors. Its higher magnetic energy product and stable characteristics make BLDC motors Have better mechanical characteristics and dynamic response, higher efficiency and speed range. Therefore, BLDC motors will be further promoted in mid-to-high-end applications with strict environmental and performance requirements.
The difference between DC motor and AC motor:
1. First of all, the external power supply of the two is different. The DC motor uses DC as the power source; while the AC motor uses AC as the power source.
2. In terms of structure, the principle of the former is relatively simple, but the structure is complex and not easy to maintain; while the principle of the latter is complex but the structure is relatively simple, and it is easier to maintain than a DC motor.
3. The DC motor does not move the magnetic field, and the conductor moves in the magnetic field; the AC motor rotates the magnetic field, but the conductor does not move.
4. In terms of speed regulation, the DC motor can realize smooth and economical speed regulation, without the cooperation of other equipment, as long as the input or excitation voltage and current can be changed to realize the speed regulation; while the AC motor cannot complete the speed regulation by itself, it needs to use frequency conversion. Equipment to achieve speed changes.
5. The structure of the motor is different. The DC motor is connected to direct current and does not directly generate a rotating magnetic field. It relies on the commutator that rotates with the rotor to change the direction of current entering the rotor at any time, so that the polarity of the magnetic field between the rotor and the stator is always opposite. The rotor can rotate; and because the AC motor uses alternating current, as long as the stator coils are arranged in phases, a rotating magnetic field will naturally be generated.
The benefits of BLDC motors:
Advantages of DC motor:
1. Good starting and speed regulation performance, wide and smooth speed regulation range, strong overload capacity, and little influence by electromagnetic interference;
2. The DC motor has good starting characteristics and speed regulation characteristics;
3. The torque of the DC motor is relatively large
4. The maintenance is cheaper;
5. Compared with AC, the direct current of the direct current motor is more energy-saving and environmentally friendly.